EA Live (Monday, 8/23 - Wednesday, 8/25)
Pass the IRS Special Enrollment Exam the first time with NSA’s Enrolled Agent Exam Review Course!
Please note: The EA Live Course will be hosted at our convention headquarters and held concurrent to our convention. If you are joining us for our EA course(s) only you do not need to purchase a convention registration.
John O. Everett, CPA, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Accounting at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. John's teaching specialty is federal taxation. He has authored or co-authored over 100 articles in academic and professional journals including the NSA EA Exam Review Course and 1040 101 Course, and is the co-author of several textbooks, including CCH Practical Guide to Schedule M-3 Compliance, The HBJ Federal Tax Course, Income Tax Fundamentals, and Tax Planning With the Computer. He is also the coauthor of the graduate text, Contemporary Tax Practice: Research, Planning and Strategies, now in its fifth edition and published by CCH/Wolters Kluwer.
About the Presenters:
John O. Everett, CPA, Ph.D.
Robert W. Jamison, CPA, Ph.D.
Robert W. Jamison, CPA, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Accounting at Indiana University, Purdue University, Indianapolis (IUPUI). His principal area of specialization is S Corporations. He is the sole author of S Corporation Taxation, and co-author of Multistate Tax Guide to Pass-Through Entities, both of which are published annually by CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business. He is the author of the 2021 edition of Essentials of Federal Income Taxation, published annually by CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business. He is a well-known author and speaker on S Corporations. He has served on panels with the AICPA National Tax Conference, the Heckerling Institute On Estate Planning, the American Bar Association, and other professional organizations. His testimony at a 2019 IRS hearing on Proposed Regulations resulted in a citation in the preamble of the Final Regulations under Code Section 136(j), and an example in a related Regulation under Code Section 1256.
EA Part 1: Individuals & Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) Exam Review
8:00am - 5:00pm
ATP course ends at 6:00pm
CPE: 2 Hours/Federal Tax Law Update; 2 Hours/Federal Tax Law; 4 Hours/SEE Exam Preparation
EA Part 2: Businesses
8:00am - 5:00pm
CPE: 3 Hours/Federal Tax Law Update; 3 Hours/Federal Tax Law; 6 Hours/SEE Exam Preparation
Part 2: Businesses continued
8:00am - 12:00pm
Part 3: Representation, Practices & Procedures
1:00pm - 5:00pm
CPE: 2 Hours Ethics
EA live course description
The course includes these vital tools:
- LIVE PRESENTATION - Intensive live course, featuring comprehensive PowerPoint slides that have proven successful over the years in allowing students to pass with these alone. Preview Sample Slides here. Hundreds of slides present “just the fact” notes, comprehensive examples, illustrations, and the top 150 questions for each of the three parts of the exam.
- EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTORS - John is an experienced and lively instructor who is a masters of focusing on tips, study lessons, and review questions to help you master each section of the exam.
- SPECIAL EA STUDY COMMUNITY DISCUSSION BOARD - Access to an online EA Study Community to post your questions and comments, respond to other commenters, and interact with the presenters.
- FREE ENROLLED AGENT EXAM REVIEW COURSE - Included with your registration fee is access to the full 3-volume NSA Self- Study EA Review Course in PDF format — over a $200 value! Preview Course Materials here. These materials, literally hundreds of pages, include the following features:
- 18 (6 per part) Detailed Study Guides – Reviews of ten topics, demonstration examples, and 10 review questions to help you master each section of the materials.
- Additional Questions - Hundreds of additional questions from past exams
- Top 150 Questions Per Part - Essential questions on topics that you will absolutely need to master before the exam.
- Final Review Cards – Three-page super summaries for each part of the exam—the perfect last-minute memory-jogger to review immediately before the exam.
- COMPLETE SAMPLE EXAM FOR EACH PART – 100 different questions per part, with answers and topic analyzers, to help you gauge your progress prior to taking the exam.
Earn the ATP as you earn your EA! Taking the EA Live Review Course Part 1 can also prepare you for the Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) Exam. The ATP allows you to be exempt from the Annual IRS Filing Season Program Tax Refresher Course AND EXAM each year while also demonstrating that you have thorough knowledge of the existing tax code and the preparation of individual tax returns. You can even take the exam here in Cleveland!